Monday, December 5, 2016

Class Improvements

Ahhhhh.... The end is near

The duration of my time in this online class has been both interesting in more ways than one, educational on various platforms, and ultimately creative.

I think the first option of changing Review Weeks to Planning Weeks is an excellent idea. I don't have much more to share because I think that it is already well rounded in its intent.

For expanding the Story Planning option, I think this is a MUST starting next semester. I never really took advantage of the opportunity, primarily because I am a single draft kind of person, but it is an awesome critique. My suggestion would be to actually make students go through the planning process the first couple weeks in order to have them become accustomed to drafting before submission. I think it will alleviate a lot of grammatical issues and encourage students to continually reread and edit their assignments. But for students like myself, it also feels like busy work. Just some food for thought!

I'm not a fan of audio recording/tutorials on writing. But I am also a Gaylord student so I feel as if I have already been put through the ringer in types of writing and editing challenges. Maybe make this a bonus option in certain weeks and have students write a blog about it?

Best of luck with the additional changes and next semester!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment